iPad for Students
Teaching students to see the iPad as their ‘best friend’ in the classroom.
In this first lesson you will see 6 short videos where you will learn more about the Online iPad Licence Course and how it will help you use the iPad at school. You will learn to create folders and contacts and activate Text to Speech so that the iPad can read information to you.
- Creating Contacts
- Your Brain (part 1)
- Your Brain (part 2)
Download and print Course Overview, Student Record, App Reference Sheets & FAQ.
- Activating Text-to-Speech
Download and read eBook in iBooks- using Text-to-Speech for tricky words
- Sending Emails
Activating Text-To-Speech (2)
Learn how to activate Text-to-Speech with Speak Screen to read eBooks.
- Activating Text-to-Speech part 2
- Browse in iBooks to find a book that you would like to read.
Learn the basics of Claro PDF
- Claro PDF Introduction: have text read aloud, voice record answers, write and type your responses
- Claro PDF Quiz
This lesson will show you the next step in using Claro PDF- to access image PDFs.
- Claro PDF part 2: Image PDFs: scan and convert image PDF to readable text
- Claro PDF part 2 Quiz
Notability is a very useful app! We can use it to record our voice to plan assignments and we don’t need to spell one word. We then can listen to it as many times as we need to as a prompt when we are writing.
- Notability introduction- learn to speak and annotate to take notes
- Notability Introduction Quiz
You will learn how to record what you know about a topic with your voice- and write ‘annotations’ at the same time. In this lesson we will import a PDF worksheet and then record on top of that with our voice.
- Complete imported PDF: Notability Part 2
Text Prediction is an excellent support tool for writing. Be sure to learn the correct way to use this technology so that your spelling ability is improved as you use it.
1. Text Prediction with iWordQ
2. Text Prediction with Clicker Docs
If we don’t use it- we will lose it! That’s why revision of what we have learned is so important. Let’s go over how we use Notability, Text Prediction and Claro PDF. Practice makes perfect!
1. Revision part 1
2. Revision part 2
Here we will learn how to take a photo of a worksheet, have it scanned, and access it in Claro PDF. We can have it read to us if we need it, and we can write or record our answers!
1. Download document to take photo
2. Take photo and scan to convert to readable text in Claro PDF
3. Complete worksheet in Claro PDF
Preparing to write an eBook
We are going to create a book in Creative Book Builder. This lesson uses Notability and text prediction to plan and write our content for the book. Remember to use the text prediction in a way that builds your neurons!
- Preparation for eBook- workflow using different apps
Learn how to add photos, videos and music to your eBook.
1. Adding photos and videos to your eBook
2. Creative Book Builder Quiz
Finally publish and share your eBook with family and friends.
- Learn how to publish and share your eBook
Let’s revise what we have learned so far.
- Revision: Part 1
- Revision: Part 2
Explain Everything is a very clever app that allows us to create tutorials to teach ourselves different things, projects, videos and presentations. We will create a project using our content from our eBook.
1: Explain Everything Part 1
We will complete our Explain Everything project in this lesson and learn to create and edit a video within the app.
- Explain Everything Project: record video and edit as necessary
Become a master at Explain Everything
1. Final part of Explain Everything
2. Explain Everything Quiz
Final project- taking your learning further
This is the last lesson of the course. Your task is to create a project of your own choice using the skills you have learned. Plan your project in Notability, write in your text prediction app, get photos from Flickr and create an eBook or Explain Everything project.
1. Choose your topic & do online research
2. Record your information in Notability
3. Use Text Prediction to write up your information on your topic
4. Add your information to Creative Book Builder or Explain Everything.Add Photos and videos
5. Edit your project.
6. Publish your project as an eBook, movie file or Explain Everything Project. Email it to ATapps
Score 75% on this quiz to earn a certificate of completion for the iPad Course.